|Click for Application
All of our rental properties are affordable, and are priced less than market-rate rents. We offer a wide variety of choices in properties. Because each property is unique, rent amounts differ. You can find specific information about our properties by clicking the Available Properties tab.
Please review the information below prior to completing the application.
Housing Application Process:
Complete a pre-application. You can print the pre-application from this website (see link on this page), or you can obtain an application from our office.
Information we collect in the pre-application:
- We will request your rental history for the past 3 years. We will complete landlord reference checks of your rental history.
- We will complete a three year criminal conviction and eviction screening for all adult household members (18 and over).
- We will determine if your household income is enough to pay rent and utilities.
- We will determine if your household income meets the applicable income limit for our properties. Income limits vary for each property.
- We do not check your credit.
When we check landlord references we want to know:
- You do not owe any money to your landlord
- You regularly paid your rent on time
- You received your security deposit back
- You were not evicted
- You didn’t allow persons not authorized on the lease to live with you
- The landlord would consider re-renting to you
We will also conduct a criminal conviction background check for everyone 18 years of age and older.
- You will be automatically denied for felony convictions such as assault, battery, deadly conduct, weapon charges, injury to children or elderly persons, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, or robbery, in their lifetime.
- If you have a sex crime conviction in your lifetime your application will be denied. Any member of your household who is subject to any state sex offender registration program will be denied housing.
- You will be denied housing for any other felony conviction in the past three (3) years.
- You will be denied housing for misdemeanor drug related convictions such as drug abuse, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia within the last three (3) years.
- You will be denied housing for any other serious/aggravated misdemeanor conviction in the past three (3) years.
- If you have been convicted of one of the criminal offenses described above and have been given a deferred judgment, you will be denied housing until the conviction has been completely expunged from your record. If you have been convicted but your sentence has been deferred, you will be denied.
If you meet the criteria in the pre-application, a letter of approval will be sent to you. The approval letter will outline the next steps in the process.
If you do not meet the criteria in the pre-application, a letter of denial will be sent to you. If you feel the denial was in error, you will have the opportunity to appeal. The denial letter will outline the appeal procedure.
Please note: Our process for selecting and approving residents is governed by a document called the Tenant Selection Plan that outlines the entire application process. The information listed above is not a substitute for reading our entire tenant selection plan, additional terms and conditions may apply to people seeking housing. Please contact our office if you would like more details or are interested in a copy of our full Tenant Selection Plan.